GROWING PAINS 成長的陣痛
GROWING PAINS 成長的陣痛
Acts 使徒行傳 22:42-47
42They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
42他們專心向使徒們領教，參加團契生活，分享愛筵，一起禱告。43 使徒們行了許多神蹟奇事；人人都因此起了敬畏的心。44 全體信徒繼續在一起過團契的生活，所有的東西大家公用。45 他們又賣掉田產家業，按照各人的需要把錢分給大家。46他們同心合意，天天在聖殿裏聚會，又分別在各人的家裏分享愛筵，以歡喜純潔的心一起用飯，47 頌讚上帝，跟人人保持和睦的關係。主天天把得救的人數加給他們。
1. The Problem Of Growing Pains In The First Church 初代教會成長的陣痛
In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Grecian Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. Acts 6:1
2. The Problem Of Growing Pains Was Addressed By The Leaders 領導團隊解決了這個陣痛
2 So the Twelve called a meeting of all the believers. “We apostles should spend our time preaching and teaching the word of God, not administering a food program,” they said. 3 “Now look around among you, brothers, and select seven men who are well respected and are full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom. We will put them in charge of this business. 4 Then we can spend our time in prayer and preaching and teaching the word.” 5 This idea pleased the whole group, and they chose the following: Stephen (a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit), Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas of Antioch (a Gentile convert to the Jewish faith, who had now become a Christian). 6 These seven were presented to the apostles, who prayed for them as they laid their hands on them. Acts 6:2-6
2 因此，十二使徒召集全體門徒，對他們說：「叫我們放下傳講上帝信息的工作，去辦膳食，這是不應該的。3 所以，主內朋友們，要從你們當中選出七個有名望、受聖靈充滿、又有智慧的人，讓他們來負責這事務。4 至於我們，我們要專心於禱告和傳道的任務。」5 使徒的建議得到全體的贊同。於是大家推選司提反；他是一個信心堅定、被聖靈充滿的人；又選出腓利、伯羅哥羅、尼迦挪、提門、巴米拿，和改宗加入過猶太教的安提阿人尼哥拉。6 大家請他們站在使徒面前；使徒禱告後，就給他們行按手禮。
3. Growing Pains Resulted In More Growth In The Church 陣痛帶來更多的成長
God’s message was preached in ever-widening circles. The number of believers greatly increased in Jerusalem, and many of the Jewish priests were converted, too. Acts 6:7
4. How These Lessons Apply To New Life 我們教會如何應用這的課題
- We have experienced growth and the challenges that come with it.
- Our return to the US for five months reveals the dangers of a lack of leadership.
5. A Plan For Developing Leadership At New Life 我們建立領導團隊的計畫
- Mike will teach what spiritual leadership looks like – May 20
- Mike will teach the qualifications, the blessings and the cost of leadership – May 27
- The church will engage in prayer and fasting during the week of May 27-June 3.
- Names will be submitted from the congregation on June 3 and follow-up done during the next two weeks.
- New leaders will be introduced – June 17