UNTIL JESUS RETURNS直到耶穌再來 Part 2
UNTIL JESUS RETURNS直到耶穌再來
Part 2- Be A Witness In Your Jerusalem— Empowered Like The Early Church
Quick Recall Of Part 1稍回想第1部分
Who is in your Jerusalem? 誰在你的耶路撒冷呢？
Be careful: This is not about you, it is about us. You are not alone and you are not powerless.
1. The Power Of The Spirit聖靈的力量
4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. Acts 2:4-6
4他們都被聖靈充滿，就照著聖靈所賜給他們的口才，用別種語言說出話來。5那時住在耶路撒冷的，有從天下各國來的虔誠的猶太人。6這聲音一響，許多人都聚了來，人人都聽見門徒講出聽眾各人本鄉的話，就莫名其妙。使 徒 行 傳 2:4-6
- The tongues they spoke were languages people in the crowd knew, but were not known by the followers of Jesus. This is unlike most tongues practiced today.
27 No more than two or three should speak in an unknown language. They must speak one at a time, and someone must be ready to interpret what they are saying. 28 But if no one is present who can interpret, they must be silent in your church meeting and speak in tongues to God privately.
1 Corinthians 14:27-28
27如果有人說方言，只可以有兩個人，或最多三個人，並且要輪流說，同時要有一個人翻譯。28如果沒有人翻譯，他就應當在會中閉口，只對自己和對 神說好了。哥 林 多 前 書 14:27-28
7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs–we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?” 13 Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.” Acts 2:7-13
7他們又驚訝、又驚奇，說：“你看，這些說話的，不都是加利利人嗎？8我們各人怎麼聽見他們講我們從小所用的本鄉話呢？9我們帕提亞人、瑪代人、以攔人和住在美索不達米亞、猶太、加帕多家、本都、亞西亞、10弗呂家、旁非利亞、埃及，並靠近古利奈的利比亞一帶地方的人，客居羅馬的猶太人和歸信猶太教的人，11克里特人以及阿拉伯人，都聽見他們用我們的語言，講說 神的大作為。”12眾人還在驚訝迷惘的時候，彼此說：“這是甚麼意思？”13另有些人譏笑說：“他們是給新酒灌醉了。”使 徒 行 傳 2:7-13
- Notice they were hearing about the wonders of God. How has God been wonderful to you? Who knows about it? Don’t be surprised if some people make fun of you.
- 注意 他們剛所聽到的是上帝的奇妙做為。上帝是如何美妙的對待你呢？有誰知道呢？如果有人取笑你，不要感到訝異。
2. The Power Of The Community 團契的力量
42 They joined with the other believers and devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, sharing in the Lord’s Supper and in prayer. 43 A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. 44 And all the believers met together constantly and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with those in need. 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity — 47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved. Acts 2:42-47
42他們恆心遵守使徒的教訓，彼此相通、擘餅和祈禱。信徒的團契生活43使徒行了許多奇事神蹟，眾人就都懼怕。44所有信的人都在一起，凡物公用，45並且變賣產業和財物，按照各人的需要分給他們。46他們天天同心在殿裡恆切地聚集，一家一家地擘餅，存著歡樂和誠懇的心用飯，47又讚美 神，並且得到全民的喜愛。主將得救的人，天天加給教會。使 徒 行 傳 2:42-47
- They were a new community that developed deep friendships and generously supported those in need and regularly shared with each other. But they were not just a social organization. They also seriously studied the teaching of the apostles, worshipped God in prayer and shared the Lord’s Supper. They had a deep respect for their God as they witnessed His power through signs and wonders
- Even as they were clearly a spiritual community, they connected with those outside of the community and they saw their community grow day after day.
3. The Power Of Boldness 膽量的力量
The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men who had had no special training. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus. Acts 4:13
他們看見彼得和約翰的膽量，也知道這兩個人是沒有學問的平民，就很驚奇；同時認出他們是跟耶穌一夥的，使 徒 行 傳 4:13
- The religious leaders were most amazed by the boldness of Peter and John. Their boldness was not based on special training or special abilities. It was based on the time they had spent with Jesus.
- When I am with Jesus, I have no reason to be timid.
4. The Power Of Persecution迫害的力量
18 They arrested the apostles and put them in the jail. 19 But an angel of the Lord came at night, opened the gates of the jail, and brought them out. Then he told them, 20 “Go to the Temple and give the people this message of life!” 21 So the apostles entered the Temple about daybreak and immediately began teaching. Acts 5:18-21
18於是下手拿住使徒，把他們押在公共拘留所裡。19夜間有一位天使，打開監門，把他們領出來，說：20“你們去，站在殿裡，把一切有關這生命的話，都講給眾民聽。”21使徒聽完了，就在黎明的時候，進到殿裡去教導。大祭司和他的同黨來到了，就召集了公議會和以色列人的眾長老，派人到監牢去帶使徒出來。使 徒 行 傳 5:18-21
40 The council accepted his advice. They called in the apostles and had them flogged. Then they ordered them never again to speak in the name of Jesus, and they let them go. 41 The apostles left the high council rejoicing that God had counted them worthy to suffer dishonor for the name of Jesus. 42 And every day, in the Temple and in their homes, they continued to teach and preach this message: “The Messiah you are looking for is Jesus.” Acts 5:40-42
40就傳使徒進來，鞭打一頓，禁止他們奉耶穌的名傳講，就把他們釋放了。41使徒歡歡喜喜從公議會裡出來，因為他們算是配得為主的名受辱。42他們天天在殿裡並在各人的家中，不斷地教導，傳講耶穌是基督。使 徒 行 傳 5:40-42
- The apostles were rejoicing in their persecution—-not because they liked pain, but because they knew that the name of Jesus would continue to be proclaimed.
- They continued teaching and preaching in public and in private that Jesus was the answer to their hope—that a Messiah would come. We share with our Jerusalem because we know that Jesus is the answer.
- 他們繼續在公開和私人場合教導與傳揚 耶穌就是他們那希望的答案—那會到來的彌賽亞。我們與我們的耶路撒冷分享；因為，我們知道，耶穌就是那答案。