Looking at the Lord’s Harvest 注視主的莊稼
December 08, 2013 十二月八日
35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. 36When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
The Lord’s harvest is here. It is happening now. 主的收成就在這裡。 它正在發生。
First, we see people through Jesus’ heart, a heart full of compassion. Compassion is splancthna. 首先，我們透過耶穌的心來看人，用一個充滿熱情的心。熱情是splancthna（腸子）。
- What the Bible is saying is that Jesus’ love and concern for the people is a love that shakes one’s whole being.
- Jesus’ love for the people is a love that is more than emotion. It is a love that results into action.
Second, we also see people through Jesus’ eyes. People are helpless. 第二，我們也透過耶穌的眼睛來看人。人是無助的。
- We are under-shepherds working for Jesus, telling everyone that they can find help and salvation in God through Jesus Christ.
Third, we see people using Jesus’ hands. With his hands, Jesus is ready for the harvest. 第三，我們使用耶穌的雙手來看人。透過祂的雙手，耶穌準備好要收割莊稼。
We anticipate the harvest because God is the Lord of the harvest. He will bring in the harvest. The question is: “Are you ready to receive the harvest?” 我們期待收成因為上帝是收成的主。祂將帶來收成。問題是：「你預備好領受收成嗎？」
- “How can I love this person with the compassion of Jesus?”
- “How does Jesus see them? How does the Great Shepherd help them to come closer to his presence?”
- “What am I doing to prepare for the Lord’s harvest?”
God’s harvest in Taiwan is coming. It is here. Are you ready? 上帝在台灣的收成已經來臨了。收成就在這裡。你準備好了嗎？