The Power Of Service 服事的力量
Category : Sermons
1. Our Example Of Serving—Jesus 耶穌-我們服事的模範
42 So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that in this world kings are tyrants, and officials lord it over the people beneath them. 43 But among you it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 44and whoever wants to be first must be the slave of all. 45 For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:42-45
42耶穌把他們叫過來，對他們說：“你們知道各國都有被尊為元首的統治他們，也有官長管轄他們。43但你們中間卻不要這樣；誰想在你們中間為大的，就要作你們的僕役，44誰想在你們中間為首的，就要作大家的奴僕。45因為人子來，不是要受人服事，而是要服事人，並且要捨命，作許多人的贖價。” 馬 可 福 音 10:42-45
24 And they began to argue among themselves as to who would be the greatest in the coming Kingdom.25 Jesus told them, “In this world the kings and great men order their people around, and yet they are called ‘friends of the people.’ 26 But among you, those who are the greatest should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant. 27 Normally the master sits at the table and is served by his servants. But not here! For I am your servant.
24門徒中間又起了爭論：他們中間誰是最大的。25耶穌對他們說：“各國都有君王統治他們，他們的掌權者稱為恩主，26但你們卻不要這樣；你們中間最大的，應當像最小的；作首領的，應當像服事人的。27哪一個大呢？是坐著吃喝的還是服事人的呢？不是坐著吃喝的嗎？然而我在你們中間，如同服事人的。路 加 福 音 22:24-27
- What did/does Jesus do for us that proves He is a servant?
- How much of service is position and how much is attitude?
2. Hindrances To Serving 阻礙服事的事
For you have been called to live in freedom—not freedom to satisfy your sinful nature, but freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13
弟兄們，你們蒙召得了自由；只是不可把這自由當作放縱情慾的機會，總要憑著愛心互相服事。加 拉 太 書 5:13
- Can a person have freedom and be a servant at the same time?
- What does this verse say is a hindrance to being a servant? How does that show up in your life?
3. Blessings Of Serving 服事的祝福
Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. Proverbs 11:25
樂善好施的人，必得豐裕；施惠於人的，自己也必蒙施惠。箴 言 11:25
- What is the primary principle in this verse?
- Have you found this to be true in your own life? How?
4. Opportunities For Serving 服事的機會
13 You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. 14If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. 16Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them. John 13:13-17
13你們稱呼我‘老師，主’，你們說得對，我本來就是。14我是主，是老師，尚且洗你們的腳，你們也應當彼此洗腳。15我作了你們的榜樣，是要你們也照著我所作的去行。16我實實在在告訴你們，僕人不能大過主人，奉差遣的也不能大過差他的人。17你們既然知道這些事，如果去實行，就有福了。約 翰 福 音 13:13-17
- Jesus washed the feet of His disciples, which was a job for the lowest servants. Is there any comparison to this job in Taiwan society?
- What opportunities can you see for serving this year? Share those with each other and pray for each other.