你仍然還在癡癡望著天嗎？ Are You Still Looking into Heaven?
Are You Still Looking into Heaven?
Speaker/講師: Lawrance Wu 吳裕仁
Listen to Sermon Online 線上聽講道
Acts 1:6-11 (ESV)
6So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8But you will receivepower when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” 9And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”
使徒行傳1:3 (和合本 ＆ ESV)
3He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.
馬太福音 Matthew 6:33 (和合本 ＆ ESV)
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,and all these things will be added to you.
“It is so hard for me to really seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness!”
Was Jesus angry when His disciples asking this foolish question?
- No! 沒有！
Why didn’t He get angry for this? 祂為什麼沒有因此而生氣呢？
Jesus knew they cannot do this without Holy Spirit’s help!
使徒行傳1:8 (和合本 ＆ ESV)
8But you will receivepower when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
He told us what the missions are, and where and how we should implement his missions.
- Be Jesus’ witnesses.
- Be Jesus’ witnesses is not 100% the same with “Share Gospel”!
Since Chinese Bible translation, people would think “and you will be my witnesses” is sharing Gospel.
- A true disciple of Jesus will not just share his or her testimony!
- I don’t live in Jerusalem, so how can I follow Jesus’ commands?
- We should not apply them in the same geographic sequence but rather in a relationship or cultural sequence.
- Jesus told us we should depend on His Holy Spirit!
- 撒迦利亞書 Zechariah 4:6 （和合本 ＆ ESV）6Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts.
Are we still looking into Heaven like those disciples?